If you’re searching for a dental implants Dentist in The Woodlands, Dr. Zelina Pickett, DDS and our team would love to hear from you! Pickett Dentistry at Alden Bridge offers a variety of options for patients who have a desire to improve the health, functionality, and beauty of their smile with dental implants. Below, we’ve discussed the benefits in detail and provided a glimpse of the treatment process.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are prosthetic devices used in place of one or more missing teeth. They are made up of three main parts: (1) a titanium post that acts as a replacement tooth root, (2) an abutment that acts as a connector, and (3) a restoration, which is usually a crown.
Dental implants are used by Dr. Zelina Pickett, DDS to help prevent jaw-bone loss and restore a patient’s ability to speak and chew. They also help improve aesthetics and give you a more beautiful-looking smile.
Reasons to Consider Dental Implants
If you have one or more missing teeth, you should definitely consider dental implants as an option for restoring your smile. Not only do they have a high success rate, but they also look natural and beautiful. Here are some reasons why you should ask your dentist about tooth implants:
(1) They prevent tooth loss and cavities. Missing teeth can lead to further tooth loss. As the remaining teeth start to shift towards the open space, they become at risk of coming loose and falling out. Crooked teeth also put you at increased risk for cavities caused by bacteria and decay.
(2) Implants protect your jaw-bone health. Your jaw-bone needs to be stimulated by tooth roots to remain healthy. But if the tooth isn’t there, it might start to deteriorate. Your bone will start to absorb your jawbone so it can use the nutrients elsewhere. Implants can keep this from happening.
(3) They’re more conservative than bridges. Bridges require a patient to be fitted with dental crowns. Adjacent teeth must be filed down (even if they’re healthy) so that the crowns can be attached, and the prosthetic tooth can be held in place. But with implants, this process isn’t necessary.
(4) They improve functionality. Dental implants can help improve your ability to speak, swallow, and chew and enhance your comfort.
(5) You’ll feel more confident. You’ll feel more confident without gaps in your teeth and will be able to enjoy a beautiful, healthy-looking smile.
What Does a Dental Implants Dentist Do?
First, Dr. Pickett will conduct an oral health exam to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants. Then, she will create a customized treatment plan based on your individual needs. Then, we will team up with one of our trusted oral surgeons or periodontists to perform the surgical phase and placement of the implant. Once the area is healed, you will return to our office to have a crown attached to the implant.
Get Advice about Dental Implants in The Woodlands
Find out if dental implants are right for you! Contact Pickett Dentistry at Alden Bridge, the trusted dental implants Dentist in The Woodlands. Call (832) 585-0330 today!
- On November 29, 2022